Canon XF605 Overview
Combining high-resolution capture with a mobile workflow, the 15x zoom XF605 UHD 4K HDR Pro Camcorder from Canon is a go-to choice for ENG, sports, entertainment, and narrative applications. This compact 1″ CMOS sensor camera with a DIGIC DV 7 engine features high sensitivity, Canon cinema color matrix choices, Canon Log 3, HDR support, and Eye AF and EOS iTR AF X (head detection) autofocus modes. It offers up to UHD 4K60 4:2:2 10-bit capture in a variety of both All-I and Long-GOP XF-AVC and MP4 H.264/H.265 formats with the ability to capture different codecs and rates simultaneously to its dual SD card slots. A Direct Touch Control touchscreen menu, four-channel XLR audio, simultaneous outputs, a USB Type-C video output, and an iPhone app build on established XF series features such as individual focus, iris, and zoom rings, and built-in ND filters.
- Capture rates of up to UHD 4K 10-bit 4:2:2 include broadcast-friendly 59.94 frame rates
- High-speed capture at 1080p120 for revealing slo-mo shots
- A high sensitivity of up to 2000 lux at f/12 is perfect for dimly lit locations
- A 15x optical/30x digital zoom (25.5-382.5mm 35mm equivalent) lets you reach shots near and far, whether in the field or the studio, and the 9-blade iris provides a pleasing natural bokeh
- Separate F/I/Z controls: Three rings provide professional, individual control over focus, iris, and zoom settings
- Image stabilization: Three optical IS choices include standard, dynamic, and powered IS for smoother motion shots
- Eye AF zeroes in on your subject’s eye for crisp eye focus
- EOS iTR AF X (head detection) does a neat trick of remaining focused on your subject even after they turn their head to the side or away from the camera
- View your images simultaneously via the EVF (viewfinder) and fold-out LCD screen, and output via HDMI and SDI
- HDR compatibility enables you to see finely nuanced images even in darker and brightly lit areas.